Work Injury Treatment in St. Francis, MN
Work injury treatment in St. Francis, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to provide for your St. Francis, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health so that you not only get back to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in St. Francis, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That St. Francis, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like construction or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy equipment place workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in St. Francis, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in St. Francis, MN?
How we treat your injuries in St. Francis, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations release muscle tension. Chiropractic alignments help employees achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to relieve stress, improve circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in St. Francis, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in St. Francis, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in St. Francis, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our St. Francis, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the root cause instead of just ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in St. Francis, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering travel expenses (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in St. Francis, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in St. Francis, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in St. Francis, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our St. Francis, MN friends and family discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in St. Francis, MN.