Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN
Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many St. Louis Park, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment St. Louis Park, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors, your St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in St. Louis Park, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near St. Louis Park, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near St. Louis Park, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN
When you trust our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many St. Louis Park, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In St. Louis Park, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in St. Louis Park, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless St. Louis Park, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.