Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN
Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many St. Louis Park, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment St. Louis Park, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors, your St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in St. Louis Park, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near St. Louis Park, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the St. Louis Park, MN area take an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near St. Louis Park, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN
When you trust our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many St. Louis Park, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In St. Louis Park, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our St. Louis Park, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in St. Louis Park, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless St. Louis Park, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.