Work Injury Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
Work injury treatment in St. Louis Park, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also limits how you can support for your St. Louis Park, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both return to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in St. Louis Park, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In St. Louis Park, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from standing all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like construction or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people recover from in St. Louis Park, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in St. Louis Park, MN?
How we treat your injuries in St. Louis Park, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic alignments are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "pop joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees achieve optimal range of motion and help your body function harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in St. Louis Park, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
Chiropractic care offers a wide array of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in St. Louis Park, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our St. Louis Park, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in St. Louis Park, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in St. Louis Park, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our St. Louis Park, MN communities understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in St. Louis Park, MN.