Chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN
Chiropractor St. Louis Park, MN. So you are considering seeing a chiropractor. If you are like most people, you can benefit from chiropractic care. Of course, it is important to realize that every patient is different, and you must be educated about any potential benefits and risks before pursuing any medical treatment. When you work with a chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN, they will employ proven techniques to realign your spine, relief pain, enhance mobility, and encourage better wellness. If you are looking for pain relief, want to conquer your mobility limitations, or want to feel generally healthier, find out how a chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN could help you.
A chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN will examine the structure and function of your spine and its effect on your ability to move, comfort, and health and put together a tailored treatment plan to help you achieve your movement health and wellness goals. At Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN, chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri practices the most up-to-date chiropractic treatments supported by a successful track record of helping patients manage or recover from a wide variety of complaints in the St. Louis Park, MN area. Talk to us about our treatment capabilities today or schedule an appointment online now.
What Does a Chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN Do?
A chiropractor is a healthcare professional that uses adjustments and other treatment techniques to correct and align the spine and other joints. In order to care for patients, a chiropractor is required to earn a license to practice, hands-on experience, and postsecondary and ongoing education. Before working as a chiropractor in the St. Louis Park, MN area, a provider must get a Doctor of Chiropractic degree and a Minnesota state license to practice chiropractic.
The chiropractor's role is to bring the body back into balance and ensure the joints, spine, and other tissues throughout the body are in optimal condition. Through evidence-backed treatment methods based in movement health, your St. Louis Park, MN area chiropractor will work with you to guide you in your recovery from an injury, management of a chronic condition, or journey toward better heatlh.
Much of a chiropractor's approach and philosophy center around spine health and the spine's pivotal role in the body's wellness and ability to move. The spine protects the spinal cord which combines with the brain to make up the central nervous system. The spinal cord connects to nerves throughout the body and serves as a pathway to communicate signals and commands back and forth between the brain and the body. Messages received by nerve in the body are sent to the brain, and the brain's directions on what to do are sent back to those parts of the body. Due to its central role in virtually every bodily function in some way, it is no surprise that chiropractors treat the spine as central to wellness and movement health.
What Kinds of Treatments Does a Chiropractor Offer?
A successful St. Louis Park chiropractic care plan is designed based on to your unique condition, health needs, and movement goals. At Total Spine Health and Injury Center, our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor offers care in a clean, private setting and works as a member of your larger medical team to best treat you.
When you work with a chiropractor near St. Louis Park, MN from Total Spine Health and Injury Center, they may employ a variety of treatments, including any of the following:
- Adjustments: there are number of different types of chiropractic adjustments St. Louis Park chiropractors utilize to fix the alignment of the spine. Involving the use of gentle pressure to the tissue in and around the spine and/or other joints, adjustments can ease pain and inflammation while improving range of motion.
- Traction: Performed by hand or with special tools, spinal traction work to decompress spinal discs by gently opening up space between the vertebrae.
- Soft-tissue therapy: Your chiropractor may use soft tissue mobilization therapy and massage therapy to repair damaged tissues or realign joints. They do this by loosening tight muscles and releasing tension in the fascia - the tissue surrounding the muscle.
- Therapeutic exercises and stretches: Your St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor may prescribe specific movements and exercises to correct injuries and restore or maintain musclular and skeletal function. Therapeutic exercises help support joint stability and mobility and increase strength, endurance, flexibility and balance.
- Hot/Cold applications: Often used in tandem with additional treatments, applying heat and ice on injuries or irritated areas can help minimize and prevent swelling, mitigate pain, and encourage increased blood flow to foster healing.
- Modifications and education: Often, for total healing, your St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor will counsel you on necessary lifestyle changes, teach you correct posture or technique for certain activities, or may help you access tools to support your healing such as corrective devices or tools to enhance comfort (such as an ergonomic keyboard for work or nutritional supplements). Ask your chiropractor for guidance with:
- Positive health habits
- Modifications for work activities and other daily activities
In order to guide your body to peak performance, your chiropractor views your care hollistically. Poor health prevents you from being able to reach peak health. You cannot reach your best if you are suffering from the negative consequences of smoking such as hypertension and weak, brittle bones or the laundry list of physical and mental health complications that accompany obesity. Your chiropractor near St. Louis Park, MN understands many details of health and wellness and will lead you on a path to manage your weight, quit habit forming substances like nicotene, improve your diet, or navigate any other obstacles that you must overcome in order to reach optimal physical condition.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
The benefits of chiropractic care are many, and with a respected St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor you trust, you can enjoy a host of short term and long term benefits. The primary advantages of receiving chiropractic care as identified in multiple studies are reduced pain in 92% of patients and improved mobility in 80% of patients.
But chiropractic care does so much more to serve its patients. Just as you would when trying out any kind of medical care, it is imperative that you consult a medical professional and give them an accurate medical background before trying a type of care like chiropractic. But when you are trying to determine whether chiropractic care is right for you, think about some of the advantages patients of St. Louis Park chiropractors often experience:
- Chiropractic care is often more affordable than alternative treatment options.
- Avoid having to take and become dependent on narcotics like opioids. Spinal pain patients who get chiropractic care are half as likely to take opioids than those who did not see a chiropractor.
- Get pain relief from a number of chronic conditions and acute injuries.
- Chronic conditions and pain can be managed in a way that is convenient, accessible, and carries little risk compared to alternative treatments.
- Working with a chiropractor can improve your overall posture, which in turn reduces the risk of pain or developing a condition from repetitive use, especially if your work requires you to sit for long periods of time.
- Improve your mobility with a better aligned spine and more balanced body.
- Reduce your risk of injury by improving strength, balance, and flexibility.
- There may be residual effects of receiving chiropractic treatment that improve digestion, lower blood pressure, and boost the immune system.
- Seeing a chiropractor to treat a pain condition can result in better sleep, as relieving your pain at the source and reducing stiffness can make it much easier to rest.
- Being treated by a chiropractor encourages overall wellness and can improve your mood.
When to See a Chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN
As a leader in providing accessible wellness and spine care in the St. Louis Park area, Total Spine Health and Injury Center has an experienced team capable of making you comfortable and treating your pain. Dr. Brent Tieri — a trusted and experienced chiropractor in St. Louis Park, MN — and the complete Total Spine team provide quality chiropractic care based on extensive knowledge, skill, and experience.
Seeing a chiropractor can help you heal from an injury, but it is not just the injured who benefit from chiropractic. Total Spine's St. Louis Park chiropractor treats people of every age, gender, and health level. In addition to injuries and chronic conditions, we offer a way for uninjured patients to maximize their bodiespromote peak performance. Learn more about what our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor can do for you by selecting from the list below.
Our St. Louis Park, MN area chiropractic team has the skill and experience you want from your treatment provider. Our chiropractor and staff have been successful in treating St. Louis Park patients with a wide range of complaints using a variety of proven treatment methods. Learn more below.
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Dr. Brent Tieri and the Total Spine chiropractic team in St. Louis Park, MN will provide informed, quality care when you need to see a chiropractor. Contact us or call (763) 568-7869 to discuss your needs or make an appointment online right now.
Make an Appointment with a Trusted St. Louis Park, MN Chiropractor
Get accessible, evidence-driven, personally tailored care from Total Spine Health and Injury Center. Whether you have been living with pain for months with no end in sight, strained your back over the weekend, or are looking for ways to improve your mobility and overall wellness, leading St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor and Minnesota native Dr. Brent Tieri will help correct and restore your body. You do not have to resign yourself to a life of limitations and excruciating pain. Schedule an appointment with St. Louis Park chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri now.