Whiplash Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
Whiplash Treatment St. Louis Park, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the St. Louis Park, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a St. Louis Park, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near St. Louis Park, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions; get St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near St. Louis Park, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in St. Louis Park, MN?
You may need St. Louis Park, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in St. Louis Park, MN.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in St. Louis Park, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the St. Louis Park, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and other conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in St. Louis Park, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the St. Louis Park, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in St. Louis Park, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in St. Louis Park, MN that is catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in St. Louis Park, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean officee. Request an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near St. Louis Park, MN. Our St. Louis Park, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your St. Louis Park, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your St. Louis Park, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable St. Louis Park, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near St. Louis Park, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from leading St. Louis Park, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Louis Park, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our St. Louis Park, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.