Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN
Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Victoria, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Victoria, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Victoria, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Victoria, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Victoria, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Victoria, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Victoria, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Victoria, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Victoria, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Victoria, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Victoria, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Victoria, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Victoria, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Victoria, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Victoria, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN
Your Victoria, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Victoria, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Victoria, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Victoria, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Victoria, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Victoria, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Victoria, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Victoria, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Victoria, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Victoria, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Victoria, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.