Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN
Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Victoria, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Victoria, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Victoria, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Victoria, MN offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Victoria, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Victoria, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Victoria, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Victoria, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been debilitated or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Victoria, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Victoria, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Victoria, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Victoria, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Victoria, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Victoria, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN
Your Victoria, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Victoria, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Victoria, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Victoria, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Victoria, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Victoria, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Victoria, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Victoria, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Victoria, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Victoria, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Victoria, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Victoria, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.