Whiplash Treatment in Victoria, MN
Whiplash Treatment Victoria, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Victoria, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Victoria, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Victoria, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Victoria, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Victoria, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Victoria, MN?
You may need Victoria, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if you need Victoria, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Victoria, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Victoria, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Victoria, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Victoria, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Victoria, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, tailored whiplash treatment in Victoria, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Victoria, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Victoria, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Victoria, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Victoria, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Victoria, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Victoria, MN chiropractor now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury instead of treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Victoria, MN. Our Victoria, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Victoria, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Victoria, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Victoria, MN might employ ultrasound technology, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Victoria, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Victoria, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Victoria, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive quality whiplash treatment from leading Victoria, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Victoria, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Victoria, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.