Work Injury Treatment in Victoria, MN
Work injury treatment in Victoria, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your answer.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can support for your Victoria, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Victoria, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Victoria, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail machinery place workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers found relief for in Victoria, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Victoria, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Victoria, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal functionality and help your body function in concert, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, increase circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Victoria, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your health in the future.
Victoria, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Victoria, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Victoria, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the root cause instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Victoria, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover transportation expenses (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Victoria, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Victoria, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Victoria, MN
Our goals are simple: provide effective pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Victoria, MN communities understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Victoria, MN.