Migraine Treatment near Woodland, MN
Migraine Treatment near Woodland, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Woodland, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Woodland, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Woodland, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Woodland, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Woodland, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Woodland, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Woodland, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Woodland, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Woodland, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Woodland, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Woodland, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Woodland, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Woodland, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Woodland, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Woodland, MN
Your Woodland, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Woodland, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Woodland, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Woodland, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Woodland, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Woodland, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Woodland, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Woodland, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Woodland, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Woodland, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Woodland, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Woodland, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.