Whiplash Treatment in Woodland, MN
Whiplash Treatment Woodland, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Woodland, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Woodland, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Woodland, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Woodland, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Woodland, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Woodland, MN?
You may need Woodland, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Woodland, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Woodland, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Woodland, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Woodland, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Woodland, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Woodland, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Woodland, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. It is also important to seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Woodland, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Woodland, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Woodland, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Woodland, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Woodland, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Woodland, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care from practiced medical providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Make an appointment for Woodland, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Woodland, MN area. Our Woodland, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Woodland, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Woodland, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Woodland, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Woodland, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Woodland, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Woodland, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from trusted Woodland, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Woodland, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Woodland, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.