Work Injury Treatment in Woodland, MN
Work injury treatment in Woodland, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also impacts how you can put food on the table for your Woodland, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Woodland, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Woodland, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like construction or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail heavy equipment place workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also offer meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Woodland, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Woodland, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Woodland, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll perform a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. Chiropractic adjustments help patients achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Used to treat injuries since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Woodland, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Woodland, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Woodland, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Woodland, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Woodland, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering travel costs (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Woodland, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Woodland, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Woodland, MN
Our goals are simple: provide effective pain relief, improve your long-term health, and help our Woodland, MN communities discover the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Woodland, MN.