Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN
Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Brooklyn Center, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Brooklyn Center, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Brooklyn Center, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors, your Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Brooklyn Center, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Brooklyn Center, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN
Your Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Brooklyn Center, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Brooklyn Center, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Brooklyn Center, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Brooklyn Center, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Center, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.