Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN
Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Brooklyn Center, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Brooklyn Center, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Brooklyn Center, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Brooklyn Center, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors, your Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Brooklyn Center, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Brooklyn Center, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN
When you trust our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Brooklyn Center, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Brooklyn Center, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Brooklyn Center, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Brooklyn Center, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Brooklyn Center, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Center, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.