Whiplash Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN
Whiplash Treatment Brooklyn Center, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the US alone. While the majority of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Brooklyn Center, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Brooklyn Center, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek medical attention to find out whether you need Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine if you need Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Brooklyn Center, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Brooklyn Center, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Brooklyn Center, MN that is personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Brooklyn Center, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Brooklyn Center, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care from seasoned medical providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Schedule an appointment for Brooklyn Center, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Brooklyn Center, MN. The Total Spine Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Brooklyn Center, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Center, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Brooklyn Center, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading Brooklyn Center, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Center, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.