Work Injury Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN
Work injury treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also affects your ability to provide for your Brooklyn Center, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Brooklyn Center, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on heavy machinery put workers at higher risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers found relief for in Brooklyn Center, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Brooklyn Center, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover the root problem. After we get to know you, we'll perform a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts let out tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal functionality and help your body function as a successful whole, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Brooklyn Center, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay injury free and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Brooklyn Center, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to pay for transportation expenses (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Brooklyn Center, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN
Our goals are simple: provide effective pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Brooklyn Center, MN communities discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Brooklyn Center, MN.