Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN
Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Brooklyn Park, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Brooklyn Park, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Brooklyn Park, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors, your Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Brooklyn Park, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Brooklyn Park, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN
Your Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Brooklyn Park, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Brooklyn Park, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Brooklyn Park, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Brooklyn Park, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Park, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.