Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN
Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Brooklyn Park, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Brooklyn Park, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Brooklyn Park, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Brooklyn Park, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Brooklyn Park, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors, your Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Brooklyn Park, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Brooklyn Park, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Brooklyn Park, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN
Your Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Brooklyn Park, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Brooklyn Park, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Brooklyn Park, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Brooklyn Park, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Brooklyn Park, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Brooklyn Park, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Park, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.