Whiplash Treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN
Whiplash Treatment Brooklyn Park, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Brooklyn Park, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Brooklyn Park, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN?
You may need Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek a medical evaluation to learn whether you need Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Brooklyn Park, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, tailored whiplash treatment in Brooklyn Park, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Brooklyn Park, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Brooklyn Park, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Park, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Brooklyn Park, MN. The Total Spine Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Brooklyn Park, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Brooklyn Park, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Park, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Get Brooklyn Park, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from leading Brooklyn Park, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Brooklyn Park, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Brooklyn Park, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.