Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN
Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Buffalo, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Buffalo, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Buffalo, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Buffalo, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Buffalo, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Buffalo, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Buffalo, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Buffalo, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Buffalo, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Buffalo, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Buffalo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Buffalo, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Buffalo, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Buffalo, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Buffalo, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN
Your Buffalo, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Buffalo, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Buffalo, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Buffalo, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Buffalo, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Buffalo, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Buffalo, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Buffalo, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Buffalo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Buffalo, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Buffalo, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.