Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN
Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Buffalo, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Buffalo, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Buffalo, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Buffalo, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Buffalo, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Buffalo, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Buffalo, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Buffalo, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been unable to function or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Buffalo, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Buffalo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Buffalo, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Buffalo, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Buffalo, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Buffalo, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN
Your Buffalo, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Buffalo, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Buffalo, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Buffalo, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Buffalo, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Buffalo, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Buffalo, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Buffalo, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Buffalo, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Buffalo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Buffalo, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Buffalo, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.