Whiplash Treatment in Buffalo, MN
Whiplash Treatment Buffalo, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Buffalo, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems; get Buffalo, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Buffalo, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Buffalo, MN?
You may need Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to get medical attention to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Buffalo, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Buffalo, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Buffalo, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Buffalo, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Buffalo, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Buffalo, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Buffalo, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Buffalo, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Buffalo, MN that is designed for your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Buffalo, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Buffalo, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned medical professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Buffalo, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Buffalo, MN. The Total Spine Buffalo, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Buffalo, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Buffalo, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Buffalo, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Buffalo, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Leading Buffalo, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Buffalo, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Buffalo, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Buffalo, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.