Work Injury Treatment in Buffalo, MN
Work injury treatment in Buffalo, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can put food on the table for your Buffalo, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Buffalo, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Buffalo, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same activities for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail heavy machinery place workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also offer long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Buffalo, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Buffalo, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Buffalo, MN chiropractor will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and do what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations let out tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Buffalo, MN go as quickly as possible and improve your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Buffalo, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Buffalo, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Buffalo, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the root cause instead of just ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Buffalo, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Buffalo, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Buffalo, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Buffalo, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Buffalo, MN friends and family learn the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Buffalo, MN.