Migraine Treatment near Burnsville, MN
Migraine Treatment near Burnsville, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Burnsville, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Burnsville, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Burnsville, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Burnsville, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Burnsville, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Burnsville, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Burnsville, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Burnsville, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Burnsville, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been unable to function or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Burnsville, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Burnsville, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Burnsville, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Burnsville, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Burnsville, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Burnsville, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Burnsville, MN
Your Burnsville, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Burnsville, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Burnsville, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Burnsville, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Burnsville, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Burnsville, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Burnsville, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Burnsville, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Burnsville, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Burnsville, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Burnsville, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Burnsville, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.