Work Injury Treatment in Burnsville, MN
Work injury treatment in Burnsville, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also affects your ability to support for your Burnsville, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Burnsville, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Burnsville, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like landscaping or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment put workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also offer meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Burnsville, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Burnsville, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Burnsville, MN will be based on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts let out tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal functionality and help your body function harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to reduce anxiety, improve blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Burnsville, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
Burnsville, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Burnsville, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Burnsville, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it addresses the root cause instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Burnsville, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Burnsville, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Burnsville, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Burnsville, MN
We have three main goals: provide effective pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Burnsville, MN communities learn the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Burnsville, MN.