Whiplash Treatment in Burnsville, MN
Whiplash Treatment Burnsville, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the US alone. While the majority of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Burnsville, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Burnsville, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Burnsville, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Burnsville, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Burnsville, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Burnsville, MN?
You may need Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out whether you need Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Burnsville, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Burnsville, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Burnsville, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Burnsville, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Burnsville, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing years of chronic pain and other symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Burnsville, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Burnsville, MN
Your Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Burnsville, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Burnsville, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by reputable treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean officee. Book an appointment for Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Burnsville, MN area. Our Burnsville, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Burnsville, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Burnsville, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Burnsville, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Burnsville, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Burnsville, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Get Burnsville, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from leading Burnsville, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Burnsville, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Burnsville, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.