Migraine Treatment near Champlin, MN
Migraine Treatment near Champlin, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Champlin, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Champlin, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Champlin, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Champlin, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Champlin, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Champlin, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Champlin, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Champlin, MN chiropractors, your Champlin, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Champlin, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Champlin, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Champlin, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Champlin, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Champlin, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Champlin, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Champlin, MN
When you trust our Champlin, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Champlin, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Champlin, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Champlin, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Champlin, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Champlin, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Champlin, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Champlin, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Champlin, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Champlin, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Champlin, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Champlin, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.