Whiplash Treatment in Champlin, MN
Whiplash Treatment Champlin, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the United States alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Champlin, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Champlin, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Champlin, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions; get Champlin, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Champlin, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Champlin, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Champlin, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to seek a medical evaluation to learn if you need Champlin, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Champlin, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Champlin, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Champlin, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Champlin, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Champlin, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Champlin, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Champlin, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Champlin, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Champlin, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Champlin, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Champlin, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Champlin, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for Champlin, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions in the Champlin, MN area. The Total Spine Champlin, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Champlin, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Champlin, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Champlin, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Champlin, MN. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Champlin, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Leading Champlin, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from leading Champlin, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Champlin, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Champlin, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.