Work Injury Treatment in Champlin, MN
Work injury treatment in Champlin, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to put food on the table for your Champlin, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness to ensure that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Champlin, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Champlin, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail machinery put workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include bruises, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion causes chronic migraines, chiropractors can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Champlin, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Champlin, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Champlin, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root problem. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations release muscle tension. Spinal adjustments help patients achieve optimal range of motion and ensure your body is working as a successful whole, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the the affected muscles. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Champlin, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Champlin, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Champlin, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Champlin, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Champlin, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for costs related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Champlin, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Champlin, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Champlin, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide safe pain relief, improve your overall health, and help our Champlin, MN friends and family learn the countless benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Champlin, MN.