Migraine Treatment near Coon Rapids, MN
Migraine Treatment near Coon Rapids, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Coon Rapids, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Coon Rapids, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Coon Rapids, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Coon Rapids, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Coon Rapids, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Coon Rapids, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Coon Rapids, MN
Your Coon Rapids, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Coon Rapids, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Coon Rapids, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Coon Rapids, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Coon Rapids, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Coon Rapids, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Coon Rapids, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Coon Rapids, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Coon Rapids, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.