Work Injury Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
Work injury treatment in Coon Rapids, MN. Did you sustain an injury at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts how you can put food on the table for your Coon Rapids, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Coon Rapids, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Coon Rapids, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a concussion causes chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Coon Rapids, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Coon Rapids, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Coon Rapids, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover the root problem. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. Spinal alignments help patients achieve optimal functionality and ensure your body is functioning as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the the affected muscles. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Coon Rapids, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Coon Rapids, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Coon Rapids, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover travel costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Coon Rapids, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Coon Rapids, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
Our goals are simple: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Coon Rapids, MN communities understand the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Coon Rapids, MN.