Whiplash Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
Whiplash Treatment Coon Rapids, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Coon Rapids, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Coon Rapids, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Coon Rapids, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant complications; get Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Coon Rapids, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Coon Rapids, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Coon Rapids, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get medical attention to learn whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Coon Rapids, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Coon Rapids, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Coon Rapids, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Coon Rapids, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Coon Rapids, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Coon Rapids, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Coon Rapids, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Coon Rapids, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Coon Rapids, MN that is written for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Coon Rapids, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Coon Rapids, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Request an appointment for Coon Rapids, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints near Coon Rapids, MN. Our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Coon Rapids, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Coon Rapids, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Coon Rapids, MN might employ ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Coon Rapids, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Coon Rapids, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Coon Rapids, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from leading Coon Rapids, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Coon Rapids, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Coon Rapids, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.