Migraine Treatment near Eden Prairie, MN
Migraine Treatment near Eden Prairie, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Eden Prairie, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Eden Prairie, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Eden Prairie, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Eden Prairie, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractors, your Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Eden Prairie, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Eden Prairie, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Eden Prairie, MN
Your Eden Prairie, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Eden Prairie, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Eden Prairie, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Eden Prairie, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Eden Prairie, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Eden Prairie, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Eden Prairie, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Eden Prairie, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Eden Prairie, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.