Work Injury Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN
Work injury treatment in Eden Prairie, MN. Did you sustain an injury on the job? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care is your answer.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Eden Prairie, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Eden Prairie, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Eden Prairie, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same activities for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail machinery place workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Eden Prairie, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Eden Prairie, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Eden Prairie, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to find out the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll conduct a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Eden Prairie, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Eden Prairie, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Eden Prairie, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the root cause instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover transportation expenses (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Eden Prairie, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Eden Prairie, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our Eden Prairie, MN friends and family discover the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Eden Prairie, MN.