Whiplash Treatment in Eden Prairie, MN
Whiplash Treatment Eden Prairie, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Eden Prairie, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Eden Prairie, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Eden Prairie, MN?
You may need Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get medical attention to find out whether you need Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Eden Prairie, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Eden Prairie, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Eden Prairie, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, effective whiplash treatment in Eden Prairie, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Eden Prairie, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Eden Prairie, MN that is written for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Eden Prairie, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Eden Prairie, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned medical professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Request an appointment for Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Eden Prairie, MN. Our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Eden Prairie, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Eden Prairie, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Eden Prairie, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Eden Prairie, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Eden Prairie, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Leading Eden Prairie, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive quality whiplash treatment from leading Eden Prairie, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Eden Prairie, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Eden Prairie, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.