Migraine Treatment near Edina, MN
Migraine Treatment near Edina, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Edina, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Edina, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Edina, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Edina, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Edina, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Edina, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Edina, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Edina, MN chiropractors, your Edina, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been unable to function or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Edina, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Edina, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Edina, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Edina, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Edina, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Edina, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Edina, MN
Your Edina, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Edina, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Edina, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Edina, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Edina, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Edina, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Edina, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Edina, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Edina, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Edina, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Edina, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Edina, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.