Work Injury Treatment in Edina, MN
Work injury treatment in Edina, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your answer.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can provide for your Edina, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Edina, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Edina, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like landscaping or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on machinery place workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Edina, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Edina, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Edina, MN will be based on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out the root cause. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal range of motion and ensure your body is functioning harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Edina, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your health in the future.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Edina, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Edina, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Edina, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the root cause instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Edina, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering transportation expenses (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Edina, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Edina, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Edina, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Edina, MN friends and family understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Edina, MN.