Whiplash Treatment in Edina, MN
Whiplash Treatment Edina, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Edina, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Edina, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Edina, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, disability, and other significant complications by getting Edina, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Edina, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Edina, MN?
You may need Edina, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to seek a medical evaluation to learn whether you need Edina, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Edina, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Edina, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine if you need Edina, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Edina, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Edina, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Edina, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Edina, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Edina, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Edina, MN that is designed for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Edina, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Edina, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care from seasoned medical providers in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Edina, MN chiropractor now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Edina, MN area. Our Edina, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Edina, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Edina, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Edina, MN might employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Edina, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Edina, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Edina, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive quality whiplash treatment from leading Edina, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Edina, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Edina, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.