Chiropractor in Edina, MN
Chiropractor Edina, MN. So you are considering seeing a chiropractor. If you are like most people, you can benefit from chiropractic care. Of course, we must remember that every patient is unique, and you should always be educated about the possible benefits and risks before pursuing a new medical treatment. When you work with a chiropractor in Edina, MN, they will employ proven techniques to correct misalignment, ease pain, enhance mobility, and foster overall health. Whether you have been living with debilitating pain for far too long, want to reduce stiffness, or want to be healthier overall, consider seeing a chiropractor in Edina, MN.
A chiropractor in Edina, MN will assess the condition of your spine, including its alignment and any damage or functional limitations, which affect your ability to move, comfort, and health and lay out a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your personal wellness goals. Edina, MN chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri at Total Spine and Injury Center offers the most up-to-date chiropractic treatments backed by a successful track record of treating a wide range of complaints in patients throughout the Edina, MN area. Talk to us about our treatment capabilities now or make an appointment online now.
What Does a Chiropractor in Edina, MN Do?
A chiropractor is an allied health professional that uses adjustments and other treatment techniques to correct and align the spine and other joints. Before they are allowed to treat patients, a chiropractor is required to obtain a license to practice, experience, and education including a degree and continued professional education. Before practicing as a chiropractor in the Edina, MN area, a practitioner must earn a Doctor of Chiropractic degree and a license to practice in the state of Minnesota.
The role of the chiropractor is to restore balance to the body and ensure the joints, spine, and other tissues throughout the body are in optimal condition. Through evidence-backed treatment methods and approaches to movement health, your Edina, MN area chiropractor can guide you in your recovery from an injury, management of a chronic condition, or journey toward better heatlh.
A chiropractor's approach is based on the idea that the spine places a pivotal role in all mobility and physical wellness. The spine protects the spinal cord which, along with the brain, makes up the central nervous system. The spinal cord branches out to nerves all over the body and acts as a highway to send signals and commands back and forth between the brain and the rest of the body. Feelings picked up by nerve throughout the body are sent to the brain, and the brain's commands are sent back out to those parts of the body. Central to virtually every bodily function in some way, it is no wonder that chiropractors see the spine as central to wellness and movement health.
What Treatments Does a Chiropractor Offer?
A sound Edina chiropractic care plan is tailored to your unique condition, needs, and goals. At Total Spine Health and Injury Center, our Edina, MN chiropractor offers care in a modern, private setting and works closely with you and your medical team to best treat you.
By working with a chiropractor near Edina, MN from Total Spine Health and Injury Center, you may receive a number of treatment methods, which could include:
- Adjustments: there are number of different types of chiropractic adjustments Edina chiropractors utilize to realign the spine. Through the use of gentle pressure along the spine and/or other joints, adjustments can relieve pain and tightness while increasing mobility.
- Traction: Done by hand or using special tools, spinal traction relieve compression of spinal discs by gently creating more space between the vertebrae.
- Soft-tissue therapy: Your chiropractor may use soft tissue mobilization therapy and massage therapy to repair damaged tissues or realign joints. They do this by loosening tight muscles and releasing tension in the fascia - the tissue surrounding the muscle.
- Therapeutic exercises and stretches: Your Edina, MN chiropractor may prescribe certain movements and exercises designed to repair injuries and restore or maintain musclular and skeletal function. Therapeutic exercises support joint healing and by targeting movement health from strength, endurance, flexibility and balance.
- Hot/Cold applications: Often used in conjunction with additional treatment methods, the use of heat and ice on injuries or irritated areas can help minimize and prevent swelling, mitigate pain, and promote the healthy flow of blood to foster healing.
- Modifications and education: To maximize your recovery and health, it is not uncommon for a chiropractor in Edina, MN to identify necessary changes to your lifestyle, teach you correct posture or technique for certain activities, or provide you with tools to support your healing such as corrective devices or tools to enhance comfort (such as an ergonomic keyboard for work or nutritional supplements). Your chiropractor will help you maximize your recovery and wellness by educating you on:
- Positive health habits
- Modifications for work activities and other daily activities
In order to guide your body to peak performance, your chiropractor takes a comprehensive point of view. You cannot be at your best if you are suffering from the negative consequences of smoking such as hypertension and weak, brittle bones or the various physical and mental health problems that are tied to obesity. Your chiropractor near Edina, MN comprehends many details of human health and will offer the guidance you need to manage your weight, quit smoking, improve your diet, or navigate any other obstacles that stand in the way of reaching peak performance.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
Chiropractic care lends its patients various of lasting benefits. The fundamental outcomes of receiving chiropractic care as identified in multiple studies are reduced pain in 92% of patients and improved mobility in 80% of patients.
However, chiropractic care benefits its patients in so many other ways. Just as you would when trying out any kind of medical care, it is imperative that you consult a treatment professional and offer an honest medical background prior to deciding if a treatment like chiropractic is right for you. However, when you are trying to determine whether chiropractic care is worth exploring for you, note these advantages patients of Edina chiropractors often experience:
- Chiropractic care is often more affordable than alternative treatment options.
- Avoid having to take and become dependent on narcotics like opioids. Spinal pain patients who get chiropractic care are half as likely to take opioids than those who did not see a chiropractor.
- Get pain relief from a number of chronic conditions and acute injuries.
- Chronic conditions and pain can be managed in a way that is convenient, accessible, and carries little risk compared to alternative treatments.
- Working with a chiropractor can improve your overall posture, which in turn reduces the risk of pain or developing a condition from repetitive use, especially if your work requires you to sit for long periods of time.
- Improve your mobility with a better aligned spine and more balanced body.
- Reduce your risk of injury by improving strength, balance, and flexibility.
- There may be residual effects of receiving chiropractic treatment that improve digestion, lower blood pressure, and boost the immune system.
- Seeing a chiropractor to treat a pain condition can result in better sleep, as relieving your pain at the source and reducing stiffness can make it much easier to rest.
- Being treated by a chiropractor encourages overall wellness and can improve your mood.
When to See a Chiropractor in Edina, MN
As a leading center for spine care and wellness in Edina and surrounding areas, Total Spine Health and Injury Center has an experienced team prepared to make you comfortable and free you from pain. A trusted and relied-upon chiropractor in Edina, MN with many years of experience treating patients, Dr. Brent Tieri and the entire Total Spine staff have the clinical experience, knowledge, and skill you expect from a respected chiropractic care team.
Though care from a chiropractor can be effective in treating an injury, you can enjoy major benefits from getting chiropractic even if you're not injured. The Edina chiropractors at Total Spine work with people of every age, gender, and health background. In addition to injuries and chronic conditions, we offer a way for uninjured patients to maximize their healthpromote peak performance. Get more information about what our Edina, MN chiropractor can do for you by selecting from the list below.
Our Edina, MN area chiropractic team has the skill and experience you want from your treatment provider. Our chiropractor and staff have been successful in treating Edina patients with a wide range of complaints using a variety of proven treatment methods. Learn more below.
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
When you need to see a chiropractor, there is no better option than Dr. Brent Tieri and the Edina, MN chiropractic team at Total Spine. Contact us or call (763) 568-7869 to review your needs or make an appointment online right now.
Make an Appointment with a Reputable Edina, MN Chiropractor
Get accessible, evidence-driven, personally tailored care from Total Spine Health and Injury Center. Whether you have been living with pain for months with no end in sight, strained your back over the weekend, or are looking for ways to improve your mobility and overall wellness, leading Edina, MN chiropractor and Minnesota native Dr. Brent Tieri will help correct and restore your body. You do not have to resign yourself to a life of limitations and excruciating pain. Schedule an appointment with Edina chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri now.