Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN
Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Elk River, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Elk River, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Elk River, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Elk River, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Elk River, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Elk River, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Elk River, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Elk River, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have been debilitated or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Elk River, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Elk River, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Elk River, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Elk River, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Elk River, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Elk River, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN
When you trust our Elk River, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Elk River, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Elk River, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Elk River, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Elk River, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Elk River, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Elk River, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Elk River, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Elk River, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Elk River, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Elk River, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.