Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN
Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Elk River, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Elk River, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Elk River, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Elk River, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Elk River, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Elk River, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Elk River, MN chiropractors, your Elk River, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Elk River, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Elk River, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Elk River, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Elk River, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Elk River, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Elk River, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN
When you trust our Elk River, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Elk River, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Elk River, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Elk River, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Elk River, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Elk River, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Elk River, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Elk River, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Elk River, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Elk River, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Elk River, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Elk River, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.