Work Injury Treatment in Elk River, MN
Work injury treatment in Elk River, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts how you can support for your Elk River, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Elk River, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Elk River, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from standing all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment put workers at higher risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Elk River, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Elk River, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Elk River, MN will be based on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover the root problem. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients achieve optimal functionality and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Elk River, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health in the future.
Elk River, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers a wide array of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Elk River, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Elk River, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Elk River, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover transportation costs (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Elk River, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Elk River, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Elk River, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, boost your total health, and help our Elk River, MN friends and family understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Elk River, MN.