Whiplash Treatment in Elk River, MN
Whiplash Treatment Elk River, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the US alone. Though the majority of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Elk River, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Elk River, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Elk River, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems; get Elk River, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Elk River, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Elk River, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Elk River, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to seek a medical evaluation to determine if you need Elk River, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Elk River, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Elk River, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Elk River, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Elk River, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Elk River, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Elk River, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Elk River, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Elk River, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Elk River, MN that is designed for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Elk River, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Elk River, MN provides targeted, chiropractic care performed by practiced treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Elk River, MN chiropractor right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Elk River, MN area. Our Elk River, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Elk River, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Elk River, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Elk River, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Elk River, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Elk River, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Leading Elk River, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Elk River, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Elk River, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Elk River, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.