Migraine Treatment near Golden Valley, MN
Migraine Treatment near Golden Valley, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Golden Valley, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Golden Valley, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Golden Valley, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Golden Valley, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Golden Valley, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Golden Valley, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Golden Valley, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Golden Valley, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Golden Valley, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Golden Valley, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Golden Valley, MN
Your Golden Valley, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Golden Valley, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Golden Valley, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Golden Valley, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Golden Valley, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Golden Valley, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Golden Valley, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Golden Valley, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Golden Valley, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Golden Valley, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Golden Valley, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.