Whiplash Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
Whiplash Treatment Golden Valley, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Golden Valley, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Golden Valley, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Golden Valley, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Golden Valley, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Golden Valley, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Golden Valley, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Golden Valley, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Golden Valley, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Golden Valley, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Golden Valley, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Golden Valley, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Golden Valley, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Golden Valley, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Golden Valley, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Golden Valley, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Golden Valley, MN that is written for your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Golden Valley, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Golden Valley, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced treatment providers in a safe, private, clean officee. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Golden Valley, MN chiropractor immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Golden Valley, MN. The Total Spine Golden Valley, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Golden Valley, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Golden Valley, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Golden Valley, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Golden Valley, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Golden Valley, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Golden Valley, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Golden Valley, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Golden Valley, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Golden Valley, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.