Work Injury Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
Work injury treatment in Golden Valley, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also affects your ability to put food on the table for your Golden Valley, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Golden Valley, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Golden Valley, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery put workers at heightened risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Golden Valley, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Golden Valley, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Golden Valley, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root cause. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help workers achieve optimal movement health and help your body work in concert, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Golden Valley, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Golden Valley, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Golden Valley, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering travel expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Golden Valley, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Golden Valley, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Golden Valley, MN
We have three main goals: provide effective pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Golden Valley, MN communities discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Golden Valley, MN.