Migraine Treatment near Hanover, MN
Migraine Treatment near Hanover, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Hanover, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Hanover, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Hanover, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Hanover, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Hanover, MN offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Hanover, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Hanover, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Hanover, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Hanover, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been debilitated or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Hanover, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Hanover, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Hanover, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Hanover, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Hanover, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Hanover, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Hanover, MN
When you trust our Hanover, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Hanover, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Hanover, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Hanover, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Hanover, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Hanover, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Hanover, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Hanover, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Hanover, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Hanover, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Hanover, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hanover, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.