Work Injury Treatment in Hanover, MN
Work injury treatment in Hanover, MN. Did you sustain an injury on the job? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can provide for your Hanover, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness so that you not only return to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Hanover, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Hanover, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment put workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion causes chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Hanover, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Hanover, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Hanover, MN chiropractor will be based on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll carry out a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help workers reach optimal functionality and help your body function in concert, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Hanover, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Hanover, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide array of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Hanover, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Hanover, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of just treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Hanover, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Hanover, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Hanover, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Hanover, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, boost your long-term wellness, and help our Hanover, MN friends and family learn the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Hanover, MN.