Whiplash Treatment in Hanover, MN
Whiplash Treatment Hanover, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Hanover, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Hanover, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions by getting Hanover, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Hanover, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Hanover, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Hanover, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to get medical attention to determine if you need Hanover, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Hanover, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Hanover, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Hanover, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Hanover, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Hanover, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, proven whiplash treatment in Hanover, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Hanover, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Hanover, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Hanover, MN that is personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Hanover, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hanover, MN provides modern, chiropractic care from reputable medical professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Hanover, MN chiropractor immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints near Hanover, MN. Our Hanover, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Hanover, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Hanover, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Hanover, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Hanover, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hanover, MN. Book an appointment online right away.
Get Hanover, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Hanover, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hanover, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Hanover, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.