Migraine Treatment near Hennepin County, MN
Migraine Treatment near Hennepin County, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Hennepin County, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Hennepin County, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Hennepin County, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Hennepin County, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Hennepin County, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Hennepin County, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Hennepin County, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Hennepin County, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Hennepin County, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Hennepin County, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Hennepin County, MN
When you trust our Hennepin County, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Hennepin County, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Hennepin County, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Hennepin County, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Hennepin County, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Hennepin County, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Hennepin County, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Hennepin County, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Hennepin County, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Hennepin County, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hennepin County, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.