Whiplash Treatment in Hennepin County, MN
Whiplash Treatment Hennepin County, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Hennepin County, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant complications; get Hennepin County, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Hennepin County, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Hennepin County, MN?
You may need Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get medical attention to determine if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Hennepin County, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Hennepin County, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out if you need Hennepin County, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Hennepin County, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Hennepin County, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor right away. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Hennepin County, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Hennepin County, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Hennepin County, MN that is designed for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Hennepin County, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Hennepin County, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care performed by reputable medical providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Request an appointment for Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Hennepin County, MN area. The Total Spine Hennepin County, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Hennepin County, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Hennepin County, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Hennepin County, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hennepin County, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Hennepin County, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from trusted Hennepin County, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hennepin County, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Hennepin County, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.