Work Injury Treatment in Hennepin County, MN
Work injury treatment in Hennepin County, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care is your answer.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to support for your Hennepin County, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Hennepin County, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Hennepin County, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also offer long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Hennepin County, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Hennepin County, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Hennepin County, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to discover what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll carry out a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts let out muscle tension. Spinal manipulations help employees reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to reduce stress, improve circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Hennepin County, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
Hennepin County, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Hennepin County, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Hennepin County, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Hennepin County, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to cover expenses related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Hennepin County, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Hennepin County, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Hennepin County, MN
We have three main goals: provide safe pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Hennepin County, MN communities learn the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Hennepin County, MN.