Migraine Treatment near Maple Grove, MN
Migraine Treatment near Maple Grove, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Maple Grove, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Maple Grove, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Maple Grove, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Maple Grove, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Maple Grove, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Maple Grove, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Maple Grove, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Maple Grove, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Maple Grove, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Maple Grove, MN
When you trust our Maple Grove, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Maple Grove, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Maple Grove, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Maple Grove, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Maple Grove, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Maple Grove, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Maple Grove, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Maple Grove, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Maple Grove, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Maple Grove, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Grove, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.