Whiplash Treatment in Maple Grove, MN
Whiplash Treatment Maple Grove, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Maple Grove, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Maple Grove, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Maple Grove, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Maple Grove, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out whether you need Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Maple Grove, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Maple Grove, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Maple Grove, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Maple Grove, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Maple Grove, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Maple Grove, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Maple Grove, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Maple Grove, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Grove, MN provides targeted, chiropractic care performed by seasoned medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Make an appointment for Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Maple Grove, MN area. The Total Spine Maple Grove, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Maple Grove, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Maple Grove, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Maple Grove, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Maple Grove, MN. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Grove, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Maple Grove, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading Maple Grove, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Grove, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Maple Grove, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.