Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN
Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Medina, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Medina, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Medina, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Medina, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Medina, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Medina, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Medina, MN chiropractors, your Medina, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Medina, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Medina, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Medina, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Medina, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Medina, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Medina, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN
Your Medina, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Medina, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Medina, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Medina, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Medina, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Medina, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Medina, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Medina, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Medina, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Medina, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Medina, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.