Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN
Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Medina, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Medina, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Medina, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Medina, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Medina, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Medina, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Medina, MN chiropractors, your Medina, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have been unable to function or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Medina, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Medina, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Medina, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Medina, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Medina, MN area take a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Medina, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN
When you trust our Medina, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Medina, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Medina, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Medina, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Medina, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Medina, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Medina, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Medina, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Medina, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Medina, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Medina, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Medina, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.